Kynan Rocks is a 2018 Summer Intern for Prime U.
Jarrod Barnes and the Prime U team had the opportunity to present at North Carolina State University's ASPSA Conference on the topic of increasing engagement among minority student-athletes.
Culture is what takes over when no one is watching. Over four weeks, Charlotte Christian High School Lacrosse participated in our "Power of the Unit: Team Culture Development Program". Through the program, we worked with the coaching staff and team leaders to:
- Assess the current culture of the team
- Build trust, empathy, and self-awareness among team members and coaches
- Discuss, create, and define an elite culture and standard of performance players buy into
- Identify daily behaviors that will reinforce the set culture and standard of performance
- Implement sustainable systems to promote the ongoing development of the set team culture and standards of performance
Our measurement processes included:
- 360 Degree feedback from players and coaches
- Quantitative measurement of retention of content covered
- Qualitative interviews around lived experiences before, during and after the program
Prime U traveled to North Carolina State University to present at the ASPSA Conference on how to engage minority student-athletes through innovation, collaboration and new opportunity. Check out highlights from our day and stay tuned for the full documentary!